Monday, December 6, 2010

Tree-Teaser

We f-i-n-a-l-l-y got our Christmas tree last night - WOOHOO! If it were up to me, we would get it on Dec 1st, no ifs ands or buts about it. But, we've been busy and I'm not the only "boss" over here, so we waited a few extra days. Anyway, I thought I would share a few pictures of some of my new ornaments this year. I made a few more book page ornaments to go with the
original three I made. I typically like to have some noticeable "base" ornaments to be evenly spaced throughout the tree. I used to do merchandising for a local boutique, and the trick I learned is to have something that helps lead your eyes throughout the whole space, or in this case, down the whole tree. Anyway, this first one is MY FAVE! Ha ha MY husband used to work in an office before he became a firefighter and they always had a white-elephant gift exchange. We took this photo of him, he autographed it "to my #1 fan," and we put it in a frame. Rumor has it, there were several people fighting over it. CLASSIC!
Feelin' the love :)
Noah's first Christmas (& yes, this was the photo we used for our card that year - bare butt and all).
And the last one is from when Hayden was born. She was such a sweet tiny little peanut. Sigh.
I got some awesome store-bought ones on super sale at JCPenny (random, I know) like this sparkly peace sign.
Pretty glittery snowflakes.
Sweet nest - LOVE it!
And I couldn't believe that even JCPenny is doing sheet music. Who'd a thought!? My next post will be the fully decorated tree reveal. Stay tuned people!!

3 comments:

  1. I love what you've shown us so far and can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments are so pretty! My favorite is the one with you and Hayden~so precious! However, the one of Chris is pretty dang funny, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)