Monday, January 3, 2011

Pitter patter goes my heart....

I went to Goodwill the other day and I found a super awesome treasure! A pretty 3-tier silver plated serving dish. It was tarnished and there were a few big dark spots in the bottom bowl, but it wasn't scratched or dented and I've always wanted one of these. It was marked $12.99, and it was 50% off so I absolutely HAD to get it!
Of course I couldn't leave it in it's original condition. 2 coats of my trusty turquoise spray paint and a little distressing on the edges and BAM! It's marvelous (if I do say so myself)!!! I staged it for these pictures with some fun things I had on hand (don't ask me why I have so many bouncy balls!?). I plan on using it for b-day parties and other festive holidays. I am pretty much in love with how it turned out. Picture it with balloons tied to the top - swoon!

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! Can you tell I love it!?!? (i.love.it).

13 comments:

  1. OMG! What a fabulous find! You HAD to get it! lol! I'm loving the color and the candy in it! Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a score! :) I absolutely love the trays but the color is fabulous! Great find! Thanks for stopping by at Tattered and Inked... I love your blog- glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute!!! i am having a candy shop part for emmy in a few weeks and i love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo cute! I'll have to keep my eyes open at our local thrift stores for something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love it! i have two, one is almost exactly like this only it has a pattern on the bottom.. i have a picture of it on my blog somewhere... and a gold one thats two tier. I think im going to leave the white one alone and paint the gold one, but i have no idea what color yet. Robins Egg Blue was one of my choices and i LOVE yours. I think i might just have to copy!

    i am your newest follower! :)
    http://rainybutterfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. darling! i never find such great things at the goodwill...i have to be a better shopper. love the color...do you use regular spray paint, or something special?
    stopping by from tatertots and jello!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I swooned a little over it. I featured you today on my thrift store round-up :)

    http://sunshineandchaucer.blogspot.com/2011/01/thrift-store-re-do-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would've never thought that could be spray painted! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic find! I clicked hoping that it was something that could be made :(. Just have to keep my eye out for one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute painted! I love how you staged it with the candies... and balls! :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)