Monday, June 13, 2011

My Fourth True love

O.k. people, it's official. I have found my REAL fourth true love (bump flea markets/thrifting to my fifth true love..ha ha). I showed you the before picture already, but here's another glimpse for you:

My awesome sister haggled me a fabulous deal on Craig's List and I scored this beauty for $75!! THANK YOU SISTER!!!! Normally I do my own haggling, but she was already e-mailing with the lady about it when I absolutely fell in love with it, so a "maybe we'll try to sell it" deal, turned into a "I need it, need it now" deal. YAY! My strong love for this type of highboy dresser came from Cassie over at Hi Sugarplum. Ever since she revealed hers, I've been dying to get my hands on one. Go check out her "fancy pants highboy" and you'll see why I've been drooling ever since I saw it (ok, that sounded icky, but you know what I mean..ha ha).

Another piece to the puzzle is that my sister and I both have the most awesome husbands EVER! Her hubby is awesome for many reasons, but the main reason why I am stating it in this post is that he bought her (us) a paint sprayer. OH YEAH BABY!!!! OH YEAH!!!! My hubby is the most awesome because not only did he allow me to spend $75 "unnecessarily" for this beauty, he helped me spray it with Lisa's (my) paint sprayer. It's a little intimidating at first, but he assembled it and got right to work. LOVE YOU BABE!!!!


The color I chose for this beauty is called "minted ice" by BEHR and I am in love with the cool, soft aqua color. Perfection! O.k. people, here she is in all her glory...drum roll please................................









Here's the big picture for you. And yes, I know that the big brown futon is probably the most un-stylish form of guest accommodations there could be. But, function trumps style in this case......for now.
I hope you love it as much as I do. I love love love it. It is filled with craft supplies, shipping supplies, kids art supplies ETC. I need a stool to get to the top drawer, but it's definitely worth the climb :)
Happy Moan-day people!!!

26 comments:

  1. Wow...that is beautiful!! I can't believe what difference paint can make...love the color!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i do in fact love it as much as you do! SO pretty!!!!!!! i love it- it makes such a statement in that room and is BEAUTIFUL!!! can i put my stuff in it for that one night? it would mean so much to me,

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out gorgeous...love it, the style of the piece is beautiful... great color choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous, I love it too!!! awesome find, i think i may need one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really absolutely fabulous! FAB!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying over that color! Oh my word it is soooooo pretty!! And nice score on the spray painter. what great husbands you two have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely!!! You did an awesome job! Love the color. I want one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! It looks amazing! I love the pillows you made. I will probably email you with some questions. Pillows are on the top of my list and I have no clue what I'm doing. You always inspire me to get up and do something crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color is perfect. What an amazing find.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can definitely see why you're in love! It's gorgeous! And that color is like heaven! I think I need to find some furniture to refinish just so I can paint it that color :) And your futon? I think I have the same one in dark blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGosh...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! Can't wait to see it up close! Playdate soon!? YAY for summer!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I can't wait to see it in person! Playdate soon?! Yay for Summer vacay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for the TALLBOY (uh-hmm, I mean, Highboy! lol). I love it!! She looks perfect and regal on her own big wall. I love you sister, and I'd haggle the crap out of anything for you!! As always, I look up to you, big sister! Awesome!!!

    Love,
    Shingy's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh snap! That is GORGEOUS! What a freakin steal, you lucky dog! That paint color is exquisit...oooh chills. Seriously. Like I'm so jealous lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous! Love the colour and what a deal! It looks beautiful on that wall, but then it would look great anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This thing ROCKS! I Love the color--- As always you amaze me! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. NO WAY Ali! Can this be my fourth true love too? The piece screams french shabby chic. It goes perfect where you put it too!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a beautiful transformation, Ali. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! That is so gorgeous!

    http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've seen this piece on different parties and think it's great! You did a fabulous job:) It reminds me of the highboy off of "Beauty and the Beast." I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous piece and a great value. I bet it hold a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW, Ali! She *is* stunning with that new coat of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so simple and elegant! Can't believe the price you paid for it, that's unheard of! Lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)