Sunday, February 5, 2012

Guest Post: My Friend Stephanie

Happy Monday everyone!!The kiddos and I had a fun and busy weekend (sadly my hubby had to work all weekend). I'll have some pictures of our fun for you tomorrow.

Today, I would like to introduce you all to my sweet friend Stephanie. Stephanie and I became close friends when we both worked in the hotel industry long ago (pre-kids). She is super sweet, super talented, and a beautiful woman inside and out. Take it away Stephanie :)

Hello My Third True Love readers, my name is Stephanie and I blog over at Food, Drinks, & A Flirty Apron. Today I want to share with you a Valentine's Day craft that I recently did with my 2 girls. I've been staring at this old, dead tree in my backyard since November. I finally got some time to cut some branches (or maybe my husband did it for me), and turn it into something new and pretty, just in time for Valentine's Day.

Once the branches were cut, we bought some silver metallic spray paint at Home Depot for $3.79. After putting down some newspaper, I got to "tag" my branches beautiful.
I found some pieces of red, purple and pink construction paper and cut heart shapes in different sizes. My helpers helped me to tape string (from our Christmas Tree) onto the hearts. Once the branches had dried, I arranged them in a tall silver vase on my buffet table. My little ones helped to decorate the branches with the heart ornaments they made.

We decorated the table as well, with more hearts and a bronze plate as a base for the Valentine tree. A few yards of tulle from Joann Fabric & Craft Stores helped to spruce up the space a bit, and cute polka-dot ribbon sealed the deal.

A couple of cupcake led lights from Kohl's and some heart votives from Big Lots help make the table a bit more festive. And voila...the dead tree has new life in our dining room, all for under $8.00. It makes me smile every time I walk down the hall.


Of course, these little helpers make me smile too.

Thanks for letting me guest post Ali!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Isn't that tree of hearts adorable!!?? Thanks so much Stephanie, the countdown to V-day begins :)

6 comments:

  1. What a clever idea, that is darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that this is a great project the kids can hep with! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Fun fun v-day crafts and great friends and cute kiddos are the besssst!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, easy, and inexpensive...my kind of craft!!! Thanks for sharing Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and cute craft to do with the kiddos! We've procrastinated a bit and will be doing our Valentines tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)