Monday, November 5, 2012

Simple Fall and some fleas

Happy Moan-day everyone. The time change made my morning a bit more sunny and a bit less dark and night-ish. I like it :) I hope you are all having a great day. I wanted to share my simple Fall decor as well as some cute little treasures I picked up at the Flea market yesterday.

First - My simple Fall mantle. I played musical art this weekend and changed things up a bit. I made a new chalkboard and relocated my family sign to another wall. Here's my simple Fall mantle :)


Wanna see a close-up?

I already had a foam wreath wrapped in thick cream yarn. I took some time yesterday to add some colorful stripes (my version of a Fall color scheme).
Last night my mom was over and said..." I like the new wreath thingy. But...is it for Fall? It's not really Fall colors. It's not shaped like a Turkey, why does it say gobble?" Haha - she's more of a traditional decorator I suppose.
My turquoise painted pumpkins get to stay out for November and I brought a bit of Orange back into my life (remember, I was not feeling Orange this season).
In the kitchen I Fall-ed up my buffet.
Last year my sweet friend Andi made me these adorable sparkly acorns and they look perfect on my branches...

That's about it as far as Fall decor. I'm trying to keep things simple in anticipation of a much more full Christmas set-up. Stay tuned ;)

I was lucky enough to sneak out and wander the local flea market yesterday morning. It really is my happy place so I'm glad it worked out. I got a few cuties while I was there (Christmas - of course). First I got this vintage ceramic tree (missing the light inside but I don't mind).
My neighbor growing up had one of these on her kitchen counter every year and I just love it :)

I also got this little box of cute little ornaments...
I think they would look super cute tied on to packages and they were only $1 for the box :)

I also got this happy little Santa. I love his sweet face :)

So, that's about it for today.
Have a GREAT week everyone :)

11 comments:

  1. awesome finds!!! i got a white tree lke that last year and i have a santa like yours but in a different position. he's at the barn. :)
    LOVE the wreath! silly moms, sometimes they just don't get us. i think it's perfectly you for fall and i love it! gobble.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so adorbs!!! I love all your little touches, that wreath is perfect :) My mom always has a similar comment about my crazy colors and decor too! My grandma used to have a white cermaic tree just like that {and she made it!} I think my mom has it now I may have to go steal it for my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whew...I thought some fleas migrated to your yard from a neighbor's! I'm so glad to be rid of all the Halloween decorations and also only have out a few Fall/Thanksgiving items...a brief respite from the tons of Christmas decorations soon to be cluttering up the house. Love your "new" ceramic Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your buffet! And I totally get the colors in your wreath - fun! Plus you had a day out and found some cute stuff - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOvE the new vibe, sister! & don't listen to mom....her taste is very specific, as you know (sarape couch, maroon pontiac - lol!) xoxo I am definitely flea-ing with you next time. love u!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gobble. Gobble. It looks great, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I love the non-traditional fall wreath! Super cute. And the chalkboard is fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always find the cutest treasures. I love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Your Mom sounds a lot like mine as far as decorating goes. I like your non-traditional decor though! The wreath is adorable! Love the mantel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute wreath!!!! I love the colors! I'd love for you to share this at my link party Submarine Sunday. It's open until Friday @ 11:59pm. I hope you'll stop by!

    T'onna
    http://navywifeypeters.blogspot.com/2012/11/submarine-sunday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eek I love your yarn wreath! Looks amazing paired with that fab gold chalkboard! Love your style :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)