Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to the {grind}

Haha, I say {grind} because we aren't quite back in the swing yet. The kids start back at school next week (and I will be starting back at the gym...haven't worked out once over the break. Not proud). We had a GREAT Christmas, wonderful New Year's, and we have had some fun just hanging around (& using my many gift cards - yay). All in all, I would say that this winter break has been a great success filled with many happy times :)

Here are a couple pics of randomness...
Noah fell asleep right before the countdown. We woke him up of course :) 
 
My mom and Hayden snuggled in the new year :)
 
 
Me & my girl :)
 
After all the holiday decor was put away {sad} I got the urge to start crafting for Valentine's Day. I even got the urge to.....wait for it......SEW. That almost never happens so I had to take advantage. I made a few cute buntings that will most likely end up in my Etsy shop...
 
 
 
I also took some time to revamp the gallery above my crafting desk. I have always wanted that wall space filled with beautiful things that speak to me and bring me inspiration. I still have a few things I need to frame and hang, but I like how it's coming along so far (& yes, the bulletin board on the left is a hot mess, I know).
 
This is my newest and most favorite addition so far. I got this painting at the local flea market for like $10 I think. I just fell in love with it. I want to go and run on those pretty green hills. I was inspired by my bestie Cassie and decided to make it my own and tweak it a bit. I added the word "Wonderful" using black acrylic craft paint. I also added a red heart with some glitter (but you can't see the glitter in this pic). I love the idea of personalizing thrifted art and making it extra special :) Wonderful!
 
 
 
These two fireballs bring me endless amounts of inspiration (& the need for advil and chocolate on occasion).
 
Isn't this book page the CUTEST?! Ok, maybe you aren't a swan lover like me, but I was thrilled when I found a vintage baby animals book at the thrift store and this beauty was inside. Love!

Well, That's all I have to report for now. I'll be getting my craft on over the next few days to load up my shop. I also have some friends coming in to town this weekend and perhaps a visit to the flea market on Sunday (if the fates allow).

Oh - and my awesome sister opened an Etsy shop. She's selling those baltic amber teething necklaces for babies. Go check 'em out!
www.myolivercash.etsy.com

Happy 2013 people, let's make it ROCK!


9 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like you had a great holiday season! And how fun is your painting with the added touch - so great!!!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your banner! Darling. I have a Katie Daisy print that I adore and I bought some clearanced ugly art hoping for some inspiration to paint it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm jealous that you've put everything away...I'm still in the midst of it...boxes and trash everywhere! I traditionally leave my snowmen up until February because, well, they're snowmen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo hoo!!! happy new year!!!! love your new artwork and LOVE the new banners! they would be perfect for weddings, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Your new banners are so cute. And I love the addition to your thrifted art! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe you are already working on Valentine stuff! Way ahead of me! lol! Your gallery wall and art look fabulous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art - I did that too - added removable stickers to an old portrait! So fun! Your gallery wall is amazing!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi ali. i recognize that 'live in the sunshine' print--so adorable!

    hope you'll pop over when you have a moment, lovely blogger.

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ali, what a great idea to personalize thrifted art! Thanks for sharing your inspiration which in turn is now my inspiration. Does that make sense? Lol, you know what I mean. So talented my friend!

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)