Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yosemite - part 1

Hello friends! How are ya!? I know there have been crickets chirping over here but there are many future posts in the works. We are in the middle of our kitchen remodel and we just got back from a family camping trip to beautiful Yosemite. I'll break up my Yosemite posts a bit so your eyes don't cross from picture mania. If you have been there before, you know how beautiful it is. If not, you MUST put it on your bucket list.

We picked Noah up from school at lunch on Friday and got on the road. We had about a 4 hour drive ahead of us to get to our hotel. We broke up the drive so we could all stay sane (and we weren't due to check in to our Yosemite campsite until Saturday at noon).



After a fun night in the hotel (my kids love staying in hotels), we made our first stop just outside Yosemite valley at the historic Sugar Pine Railroad...

Cousins :)

after the 45 minute scenic train ride, the kids got to pan for gold. Real gold! They were so excited :)


They each got to keep a bottle of about $5 worth of gold flakes. Talk about an awesome souvenir :)

After the train/gold stop, we headed towards camp. We always stop to take in the beauty at tunnel view. This is seriously one of the most beautiful places on the planet.
The picture doesn't even do it justice. Just standing there before this great beauty is truly magical. It's hard to believe that beauty like this really exists.

After that, we headed to camp to get set up...
Umm....yeah. This is how we do it ;)
My sis in law and I got together a few days before we left and made these campsite buntings :) a must!
Our tent...
Sis-in-Law's tent...
Cute, yes? Cute!
After we got settled, we got right to it. Yummy dinner (sliders) and fun at camp :)
(day 1 and already tired of the photos - lol)
Hammock...
Fire...

and glow bubbles....
 
I will leave you here so you don't get a headache. lol. Don't worry, I'll be back :)

9 comments:

  1. looks like such a great family trip filled with memories! love the campsite buntings! :) and i have always wanted to look for gold- looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots, Ali! I'll need some of 'em! So much fun...can't wait to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with the bunting. I am so excited to make some for my camping trips this summer!!! My family is going to think I'm nuts.. anyway. Did you make those glow bubbles? I saw a "recipe" on pinterest saying if you just cut open a glow stick and pour it in the bubble solution, you have glow bubbles... However; every post I read said that the bubbles didn't work, the glow stick messed with the formula of the bubble solution and it couldn't form bubbles.. just wondering because I've always wanted to make them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooo fun!! I freaken' love camping. {sigh} Missed you tons but it looks like you had a great start to a memory-filled adventure xo Yosemite has my heart (and so do you)) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We would love to go out there some day! Looks like a blast. Leave it to you al to have a cute campsite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what? even your campsite has buntings?? you kill me. :):)
    this sorta makes me want to go camping!!! (kay, well not really)
    but it makes me want to make buntings for camping!!!
    loves ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what fun! And best decorated campsite ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun!! One of the things that makes me most happy about moving back to California is how close we'll be to Yosemite! It's my favorite place in the world. We are definitely going to have to meet up there sometime. Your pictures make me want to be there right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Campsite bunting is DEFINITELY a must! :)

    ReplyDelete

I think I'm a comment-a-holic :)